If you are really new to web hosting, we can take you by the hand and help bring you “out of the fog”. Please read below:
First you need to understand that there are 2 components to your web presence.
1) Domain name: This is the website address that people see, so that they can find your website. You rent a domain name from a registry (all web hosting companies (including Area22) can do this for you. Typically you rent it for 1 to 10 years at a time with 1 year at a time being the most common time frame.
Selecting your domain name can be a bit of a challenge. There are 2 main components to consider. Everything before the “.” and the Top Level Domain(TLD). The part after the “.” , most people are familiar with the .com, however there are many TLD’s to consider and many people get very creative with them.
2) Web Hosting: Once you have your name, you need to rent space on a server to host your website. These are the hosting packages you see on a web hosting companies’ website. It may look like jibberish to you. Its ok for now. We can always help you find the best package for your needs.
Area22’s packages are named after types of web projects you may wish to build. The prices reflect the amount of resources that they will likely consume.
- Email only: Some people wish to have email only with no web presence They include:
- Individuals and families who want their own domain name rather than give out a @gmail, or @hotmail etc.
- Individuals and corporations that want to use services such as Shopify, Wix, Weebly etc, for their web presence, and also want email address same as their domain name.
- Kiosk: Ideal for people who want to start their own online store. Very afforadable and still gives you the resources you need.
- Blog: An ideal package for people who wish to start out blogging, again, very affordable.
- Web Hosting: A general purpose account, for your web projects.
- Store: Once your kiosk grows, you will need a store. This package allows for more resources than a store.
- Web Community: Many people call these social networks. Do you have a hobby?, want a gaming community?...use your imagination here. Web Communities by their nature consume a lot of resources. However with premium membership and a small store, your can easily earn your investment back.